Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hush Little Baby...

Today marks my 35th week of pregnancy and it is really starting to hit home. Technically I will be considered full-term in just two more weeks...TWO WEEKS! Now, of course, four or five weeks will be best, and that's what we're hoping for; however, my selfish side is quite ready to have my body back. It will be nice to sleep through the night again (or at least not to be waking up to make trips to the bathroom) and to be able to sleep in whatever position I want. Before becoming pregnant, I was mostly a side-sleeper, but that has become very uncomfortable in the past month or so and now I have no choice but to sleep on my back. Yes, I'm aware that this is the opposite of what most women go through, but I seem to like to deviate from the norm.

Seth has become more lethargic in the past week or so. He still stretches and kicks every now and then, but mostly he seems to be bunkering down for the big adventure to come. Maybe he knows he needs to save his energy. According to the books, he should be close to 19 inches now and a little over five pounds. I'd love to be able to take a peek inside there and see what it's like for him. He's partial to my right side and he seems to like to stretch his little legs up towards my ribs. Thankfully for me, he hasn't started putting his feet in between them yet.

Other than that, I don't have much to report. It's been a very busy week and I know the next few weeks will be busy as well. Really it's a blessing, because as D-Day approaches, I know I will get increasingly nervous. Michael's answer to this is always, "You'll be fine." I know this, but it's not exactly the reassurance I need, so busywork is good for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First, I would like to say that when I saw my daughter just a short time ago she looked amazingly beautiful. Of course, some would say I am biased being as I am her mother. But, it's true. She's absolutely glowing. I would like to tell this beautiful daughter of mine how thankful I am for all of her help and also to thank my wonderful son in law for his patience in putting up my blinds. I know that it was hard because of the wood and he also had the sun beating down on him the whole time. But, he kept at it til it was done. And, after trying in the kitchen to put up the blinds I now understand how truly difficult it was. The wood is like concrete and screws just do not want to go through it. But, Michael perservered and got them put up for me which I am so thankful for. Kristin put up the blind in the kitchen, and I did yell at her, but anyone knowing Kristin knows she does what she wants to do. But thank you Michael and Kristin for EVERYTHING!!!! I love you both