Friday, January 2, 2009

Merry Christmas




Well, the holidays have kept me busy again and I have fallen behind with my blog. The holiday season started off with Seth getting his 3 month pictures. I may be biased, but I think they came out GREAT! Of course, Seth is just so darn cute, I'm not sure they could come out any other way!

We were very fortunate this year to be able to spend time with most of our family. Michael's mom came up from Florida to visit for a few days. The time just flew by too quickly before it was time for her to leave, though. On Christmas eve, we went to my aunt and uncle's house for our regular Christmas dinner. We had a blast playing Dirty Santa (Bingo) and it was, of course, nice seeing the family again. Unfortunately not everyone was able to make it;I'm hoping things will be better next year. Christmas day was spent with Michael's family, at his brother's house. We had a beautiful dinner and played a great pictionary-ish game, that ended with a lot of laughs. And best of all, Becca visited with us for two weeks; she has to leave tomorrow, but I'm glad I got to see her as much as I have. She's growing up so fast...

So, on to what we all really care about: Seth! He is doing very well. His check up measured him at 12lbs 10oz and 23 1/2". This puts him in the 33 and 30%. He's still a little on the small side according to the charts, but the doctor says he's doing great and is following the growth curve nicely. He had me fill out a developmental checklist and Seth is on track there, too, even surpassing his age in a few categories.

Seth's personality is developing more daily. He doesn't do his shrill crying/screaming much anymore. He now knows he can start off with whimpers and build his way up with his frustration. More often than not if he's crying it's because he's uncomfortable or in pain. (He's now drinking prune juice daily to help with this - yum.) He coos regularly and smiles and giggles for family. He is so adorable! But the most impressive thing in the past few weeks is that he is now sleeping through the night in his crib! He falls asleep shortly after his 10:00 feeding and sleeps pretty well until 6:00. Now if I could just get into that routine, we'd all be set! His naps are a bit more chaotic, but I'm not going to be strict on when he can sleep or not. He's doing better daily with taking naps, although he will not sleep in his crib during the day - it has to be the carseat, swing, or my arms.

With the passing of the Christmas season and the new year, I remember again how fortunate we all are. Even the few complaints we have are nothing compared to what so many others have to deal with. I don't know why we are so lucky, but I have to give praise and thanks to He that gave it all to us.

No comments: