Tuesday, August 19, 2008

And so it begins...


Louis Armstrong got it right, "What a wonderful world!"

As most of you know, Michael and I are expecting our little miracle (also known as Seth) in just under eight weeks. All the shopping is done, the nursery is nearly complete, and we only have one more pre-parenting class to go. So now it's just time to sit and wait. Unfortunately, patience is not one of my strong points.

I had planned on starting a blog once Seth was born, however it occurred to me that the last few weeks before his birth may make for an interesting prologue. We are blessed to have some family near us, but we have many loved ones who are not as close. Because of this, they may not always be as up-to-date as we would like, but hopefully this blog will help to keep them updated.

At this point, I don't have much to write about. Seth has become quite the athlete over the last few weeks. He kicks, jabs, and pushes like it's his business, but I wouldn't have him stop for anything. Michael and I enjoy feeling and watching his movements knowing that he's growing strong. And speaking of growing, he may be taking after his daddy. The doctor told me at my last appointment that Seth is measuring a bit big for his age, so she scheduled another ultrasound for next week. He's been on track at every other visit and I've only gained six pounds to date, so I'm really hoping the due date will be pushed up or that he was just having a growth spurt. Although I do want him to get his height from his daddy, he can wait to start that until after he has made new living accomodations!

I have been extremely fortunate throughout this pregnancy and have had very few complaints - some soreness now and then and some heartburn. I'm learning to control the heartburn and Michael is great about offering massages whenever I need them. Actually, Michael has been wonderful with all of this and I couldn't imagine doing it without him.

So, that's about it for now. I hope to make entries at least once a week, but we'll see how that goes.

<3

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice girl! I enjoyed reading your blog.

- Sherri

Anonymous said...

Kristin, as always you impress me in how well you write and describe things. I wished I could be there closer to you so I can see the changes you and Seth both make. I am missing out on some of the most beautiful moments a mother can share with her daughter, and I wished I could be there to hold you at times, marveling that my baby is having a baby. You and Michael have this wonderful miracle that is about to happen and your life will forever be changed in a very wonderful way. I am proud of you as my daughter, proud of you for the person you are inside and out and so proud to call you my daughter. You walk inside my heart and will always be my "Star" I love you baby.

Love Mama

Anonymous said...

Kristin, you and Mike are both so wonderful and amazing-Seth is going to be the most happy,healthy,well-rounded child anyone could imagine!! Mike has always been awesome from the day he was born and I'm sure Seth will be the perfect mix of you two. I cannot wait to be a "nana" and see Seth. You and Mike stay close to the Lord and I will be seeing you soon. Love you both(gotta change that to Love you X3!) Mom

Unknown said...

You know that i love you & that i'm so incredibly happy for both of you, but is it mean that i laughed a little when you said that you can't imagine having a kid without Michael. . . and i kinda wondered how that would actually work? I think Hera did it but that kid was pretty messed up! Still, not nearly as bad as laughing at the evils of a frosty though.
Anyway, i'm thankful that you & M are so happy together & that soon you'll have that final touch of perfection to complete a life - you both deserve all the happiness in the world!