Monday, August 25, 2008

Baby Shower Madness!

My mom, aunt, and grandma pulled together and threw me an awesome shower a few weeks ago. Obviously with me being the star (ok, maybe Little Seth was), I was unable to take pictures and had to wait for them. I just got them in the mail today, so I figured I'd do a combination baby shower/33 week update post.

The party was fun, although I was a little nervous at first. My aunt and mom kept adding more and more games and ideas to it, and I was a little scared it may turn into a circus or something nearly as big. However, they ended up trimming it down a bit and it ended up being what I wanted: a get-together with family where we played games and had the opportunity to chat and catch up. My grandma (who should do this professionally) made two great cakes, a diaper cake, and a bunch of cute favors, while my aunt and mom were in charge of decorations, food, games, and prizes. If all the effort that went into this occasion and all the many, MANY gifts I got are any sign of how loved Seth is going to be then let me tell you - he may as well be nominated king now! Even though it was a relatively small gathering, I got way more than any one woman should have! Suffice it to say, I felt (and always feel) very loved and know that Seth will be loved just as much.




Moving on: today was my 33 week check up, which is normally pretty dull. However, this was where I was to find out if Seth is growing a wee bit too fast for his own good (or more importantly - my own good). As it turns out, he is smack dab in the middle of the road at the 50th percentile for weight. As of today, he weighs four lbs. 15 oz. The doctor said the previous doctor must have mis-measured, which is sort of what I was thinking. My personal/skeptical opinion is that this office will run every test/ultrasound/etc. on you to line their pockets a bit more - but that is a long rant, which I will avoid.

On a side note, Michael came to the visit with me in the hopes of seeing Seth in a more active state, like I saw in the 14th week. Well, proving just how stubborn he is, he wouldn't move at all, except when the tech poked at his back - then he moved just enough to get away. Once I was out of the office, though, Seth was back to kicking Mama again.

Apparently the further along you get in pregnancy the less clear the picture is, so the tech had to explain just about everything we were seeing. Normally she gives us three pictures, but this time she gave us one, which is essentially a dark blob, that verifies that Seth is, in fact, a boy. We also have to trust her when she said that Seth does have hair and is still a thumbsucker. He is also in the head-down position, which we had already kind of figured.

So the two things to take away from this post are: 1. I have some really great people in my life, and 2. Seth (hopefully) will not be a huge baby! Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adding to kristin's new comments I would like to say that "Yes, she is very much loved and so is Michael and Seth". I can only speak for myself of course, and I am probably biased, but, I know that Seth is going to be one of the most handsomest babies. Look at his parents. Kristin is beautiful and Michael is handsome. They both have a sense of humor that I hope is passed on to Seth. I am so anxious to greet Seth when he comes into this world, but, also I want to be there for "MY BABY" (Kristin) I want her to know how much I love her and that if she should need me, that I'll be there at the hospital when she delivers Seth. Having said that, I must say that her baby shower did come out pretty nice. My sister and Mama Carol did such a wonderful job. Both were creative in putting this together. We are fortunate to have them in our family.