Obviously I'm not keeping up on this blog, but it's partly out of laziness, partly because we're working on Seth's room in the evenings, and partly because you all know what's going on with Seth already. So, I'm probably just going to post when I'm inspired. Well, today I was inspired! (Don't worry, no politics involved)
As most of you know, Michael is returning to school this semester. We've been discussing how we can trim our budget so that we can afford tuition, fees, and books. Well, I don't know why I did it, but I let that little demon called Fear into my heart. Money is tight at the moment and I didn't know what we were going to do; I didn't know what I could do to help this situation. I tried donating plasma, but apparently my veins are too small and "would collapse." I looked for jobs, but none work with my staying home with Seth and Michael going to school in the evenings. Fear crept deeper into my heart. I almost suggested to Michael that he drop a class. Why was I so stupid? I never, NEVER worry about money; everything I've ever desired has been given to me. So, I prayed about it - something I should have done from the beginning.
Well, wouldn't you know that once you have faith, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE! First we found that Michael was eligible for a Pell Grant that would cover most of his tuition and fees. That still left $300+ for books. Where was I going to find that in the next few weeks? I signed on to Michael's account this morning to make sure his paperwork was proceeding like it should be. Obviously we're anxious about his grant going through. Well, right there on the sign-in page is a bold statement: "Sign up for weekend classes and receive half off tuition." It may as well have said, "Kristin, have faith and it will be done." The difference between his old class and his new weekend class covers the majority of the cost of his books. So what we're going to have to pay is just a small percentage of the original cost.
It's moments like these that bring me to tears. What a fool I was to worry about such worldly things as money. Not only has God given me all that I require, but He's always given me all that I desire! With all the things going on the world, He cares about the trivial things in our lives, because He knows that trivial or not, they affect us. And although I don't deserve it at all, my Lord looked into my heart, heard my prayers, and said, "Yes, I will carry you through this, too." How can words possibly describe how very fortunate I am?! I am healthy, I am rich with so many blessings, and I am saved! I never should have doubted, and now I sit here, humbled once again, that God loves me so much. I know I don't deserve it, but I am so thankful, so incredibly thankful, that He does.
1 comment:
Kristin,I am so glad to hear the good news about the financial part on Michaels school. I am sure that was such a relief to you.
Hey, Have I told you lately that I love you, Star?!!!
Love Mama
Post a Comment