Saturday, September 25, 2010

And the Time Just Flies By...

My baby boy turned two years old this past Monday and it still boggles my mind. It seems like just a few weeks ago we were bringing him home from the hospital, fighting the sleep battle, watching him make his milestones. It really does just fly by.

Seth had his check up yesterday and is 35 1/2" tall and 35 lbs 4 oz. He is definitely my big boy! lol He wears a 3T - 4T shirt for the length and 2T bottoms and a size 9 shoe! It's funny to see him around his peers because he appears so much bigger.

He's making great progress in therapy and really enjoys going. It warms my heart to see how willing he is to work on his goals (of course, it is done through play, so it's not too difficult to imagine why he enjoys it). Everyday he does something to surprise me and make me smile. Yesterday morning he showed me that although he looks like me, he acts just like Michael. I heard him wake up, so I got everything ready for him and went into his room. He stumbled from his room to the frontroom, grabbed his milk, stumbled back into his room, and laid back down in bed. He really does crack me up how much he's defining his personality.

We celebrated his birthday today since he was sick last weekend. Not everyone was able to make it, but his Grandad and Nada and Uncle Marty and Memaw came - and it was a special time. I'm so glad Seth is surrounded by those that love him. It's such a blessing.

In other news, I'm now 32 weeks and feel ready to pop anyday. My maternity jeans are stretched to their limit, the heartburn and cramps have become much more common, and I actually had a ripple effect of charlie horses this morning - 7 in a row! Ouch! And, I can't be certain since my labor with Seth was so quick, but I think I may have had some Braxton Hicks contractions today. People think I'm odd because I'm so unobservant of my body, but I really do believe I'm just not as sensitive or aware of feelings. Michael will often tell me how tight my muscles feel and I can never tell. Other people tell me when my hands or feet are swollen and it comes as a surprise to me. I guess I should be thankful for that, but I'm hoping that I'll be aware of when labor begins this time. Seth's labor and delivery came so quickly, I'd like to be able to enjoy the (although painful) special miracle that it is.

No comments: