Wednesday, June 9, 2010

9 months of catch up

Yes, before anyone makes the comment, I realize it's been a long time, 9 months, since I last updated this blog. Mostly this is because no one reads it! lol But then I realized what a great place this was just for me to reflect over time. I'd forgotten some things about Seth already and this blog is a sweet way to remember them. The other reason I wasn't blogging was because it seems like I never have anything interesting to say. But then I thought, no one's reading it anyway, so I can say whatever I want: boogaloo shrimp and buckaroo bonzai!

So, take that! Seth is doing great. He is now 20 months - 34" and 34 lbs. He is walking great, running a little, but still a little clumsy. He still loves to throw and enjoys reading time. His favorites for now are Dr. Seuss books. He loves to help water the flowers and sweep the floor. He loves to brush his teeth and is finally starting to enjoy bathtime and even a little pooltime. Seth still is not talking. He will mimic "mama", "dada", and "baby" but doesn't seem to associate them properly. We're currently working on getting speech therapy in place as well as possibly some occupational therapy. This is a slow and incredibly frustrating process. I just can't wait to hear my baby boy speaking.

In other news, and also the main reason for starting this blog up again, Michael and I are expecting another baby. We are currently 16 weeks and due mid-November. There isn't much news to report on this yet. It's a little different from Seth, but not bad. I got sick a lot more with this one and felt exhausted for about a month to six weeks, although that was also due, in part, to Michael's erratic work schedule. I definitely started showing a lot earlier this time around. I think I started wearing maternity clothes around 12 weeks. I'm also pretty sure that I felt the baby moving last night. There have been a few occasions where I thought I felt it, but I'm nearly positive that last night was the real deal.

Everyone wants to know what we want to have. We both want a girl this time, but we also realize how convenient it would be to have a boy. Either way, it goes back to the cliche of us just wanting a healthy baby. We'll find out in 4 weeks what we're having. We have two names in mind if it's a girl: Sarah and Lorelei. We're a little less sure on names for a boy. I know for sure that his middle name will be Martin, after my uncle and cousin. As far as first names go, we've bounced from Biblical names, to Irish names, to family names, and back to Biblical names. In all honesty, we're no closer on a name than we were in the beginning.

No comments: