It's been a while since I posted a blog about Seth, but a lot has been happening. The most important thing is Seth's sleeping habits. He sleeps wonderfully through the night now. He goes to bed at 8:00 and may wake up a couple of times, but he doesn't cry anymore. He wriggles around until he gets comfortable again and goes right back to sleep. And, get this, he sleeps until 6:00! Boy do I love that! I can't tell you how much of a difference it's made; I'm so much happier. Naptime is still a bit of a struggle. He typically sleeps about 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes in the afternoon. It's not great, but I'm thankful for it.The next big development is Seth's teeth. He has two beautiful teeth poking through on the bottom, one that just cut through on the top and he's working on his other top tooth. It's so amazing to see the changes from day to day, and he loves showing you, so long as you don't touch!
On to more exciting news - Seth is crawling! He started off pulling himself along with his arms and sort of kicking off with his left leg, but now he's actually picking his knees up. It's fun seeing him put on his determined face and crawl across the frontroom to his toy. I cherish it now, because I know in a few more weeks he'll be driving me nuts while getting into everything.
Seth's personality is becoming more defined, too. He's generally a happier baby now. He smiles all the time and laughs a lot. This is especially true during mealtime and anytime he drinks water from my glass. However, he's also getting more stubborn and "voices" his opinion more. If you tell him no or tap his hand, he'll scream. He does not like to be limited at all. I'm definitely going to have some stand-offs with this boy!
Outside of Seth's changes not a lot has been happening. I've been enjoying my bi-monthly outings of garage-saleing with my aunt while Seth and Daddy play at home. We had game night last night, which is always fun. A few weeks ago we also went to Dollywood (minus Seth) with Michael's parents. His stepmom is fearless and wanted to ride all of the rollercoasters. I should have trusted my instincts and "just said no," but I gave in to the peer pressure and rode one. Let me tell you, it was HORRIBLE! I would rather do nearly anything than ride a rollercoaster again. I'll leave them to brave people who don't know what real fun is (Boardgames are equally safe and fun!).
1 comment:
For whoever happens to read this, my wife left out a detail about the rollercoaster. It was no minor coaster, it was a 70mph triple-loop monster. Afterwards she stated that she preferred giving birth.
Post a Comment