Tuesday, April 28, 2009

We Be Swingin' in the Spring(in')!

It's kind of difficult to keep up with these blog posts. Most day-to-day things would be boring to anyone but Michael and I, so I don't bother writing about them. Then it takes me several weeks to get anything to write about, and lately they just haven't been super thrilling things. So basically I have a few weeks of things to add to this post.

I'll start with Seth's picture. This was Seth's first time going to the park! I put him on the swing, but he didn't seem interested or disinterested in it. He looked around, but seemed sort of bored, so we mostly just walked around. He was content with this and we walked four laps before it started to get too hot for him and we went home.

The hat he's wearing is from Dollywood, where we went the week before. He has such a small head that no hat seems to fit him! This one is an infant hat and it fits his head great, but the earflaps don't cover his ears, so I think I'm just going to cut them out. Anyway, we weren't sure what to expect bringing Seth to Dollywood, but he surprised us and did really well. Sure, he fussed a bit, but he usually does more than that at home, so we were pleasantly surprised. It wasn't the most fun trip for Michael and I because we obviously couldn't ride rides together, but it was a fun experience nevertheless.

As far as Seth's accomplishments go, he's been in a "fine tuning" stage for a while - nothing really new, but improving on what he's already done. For example, he's been rolling for a while, but now instead of rolling from his back to his stomach, he rolls across the livingroom! And now when he kisses you, you don't end up with a ton of slobber on your cheek, just a sweet little kiss. He's doing better with eating and seems to really enjoy it now. His menu includes: peas, green beans, sweet potatoes, pears, apples, bananas, and, of course, oatmeal. I make his food, which is really easy, and it saves a surprising amount of money. I can't believe Gerber rips people off like that!

Seth's sleeping is still a bit of an issue. On a good day I can get him to take an hour nap in the morning and a half hour in the afternoon. He wakes up during that hour, but is fairly easy to get back to sleep. I've stopped stressing over how he should sleep. I'm not looking up baby advice on the internet or in books and I'm not asking people's advice. I was letting it get to me too much and that shouldn't be the focus of my whole day. Maybe he just doesn't need to sleep much. So, I count myself lucky that I get what I can get. It now allows me to take a shower and do a couple of quick chores. Hopefully he'll realize sleep is a good thing as he gets older and will extend his nap periods, but for now I'm thankful for those 90 minutes.

No comments: