Monday, October 20, 2008

30 Day - Money Back Guarantee

But I think we'll keep him!

Another week has passed and our little boy is now a month old. It's amazing how much he has changed in just that short amount of time. Looking at pictures, he's still smaller than what he was at birth, but his personality is changing and he's becoming smarter.

Seth now has periods where he is very alert and for longer stretches of time. He notices more now - if we put him next to the aquarium, he'll actually watch the fish; next to the stereo, he'll watch the lights; next to the mirror, he'll watch himself. He likes music and dancing. He's becoming this little person!

Most importantly, though, he is allowing me to put him down without crying more often. He is now getting used to the carseat, swing, and his crib. For whatever reason, he still doesn't like the bassinet. So today Michael and I are going to put his crib in our room and put my dresser in Seth's room. Hopefully this will make Seth (and us) happy and he will sleep through the night in his crib and I can finally sleep in a bed again!

As for me, I'm starting to get used to this mommy role. The sleep schedule isn't so bad anymore and I'm finding I have more patience. In the beginning, I would get stressed out by Seth's crying, but now that I know he's ok and he's just crying to get attention, it doesn't make me as nervous. Of course, him getting over his health issues has made the most impact in that respect. So now that things are getting easier, I'm wondering what my daily life is going to be like. I have all of these amazing female role models around me that are raising children and being productive in their own unique ways. I have a cousin who makes little girl costumes, a friend who makes personalized bibs, and a sister-in-law who not only raises four children, but homeschools them, drives them to all of their activities, and even grinds her own wheat to make her own bread! Now I'm not going to be so ambitious to think I can juggle all of that, but I would like to find something that is just for me. I need a hobby!

No comments: